Zucchini Carbonara – Scoop N Weigh Skip to content
- 6 medium green and yellow zucchini
- 500 g. penne pasta
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices of bacon
- olive oil
- ½ bunch of thyme, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the penne and cook until al dente.
- Cut the zucchini into lengthwise quarters, then slice.
- To make carbonara sauce, put the egg yolks into bowl, add Parmesan cheese and cream and mix.
- In a heated frying pan, fry the bacon.
- Add zucchini to frying pan and add the salt, pepper and thyme laves.
- Cook until the zucchini is golden and slightly soft.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the liquid.
- Pour the pasta back into the cooking pot and immediately add the bacon zucchini mixture and mix well.
- Remove from the heat and add some of the reserved pasta cooking water, then the creamy sauce.
- Mix and serve immediately.