- 1 cup of sugar
- ⅔ cup of milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
You can not vary these ingredients!
- 2 cups large flake oats
- ½ cup wheat bran
- ½ cup hemp hearts
– Replace large flake oats with any other variety of flakes or mixture.
– Replace wheat bran and/or with oat bran, ground flax or ground nuts.
- 2 cups total nuts, seeds and/or fruit
Such as: unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, sunflower seeds, pepitas, raisins, dried cranberries, dates, chopped apricots, dried blueberries, and almonds.
- In a large saucepan, bring Sticky Bits, except vanilla to a boil over medium heat, whisking until smooth.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- Stir in Floury Bits and Lumpy Bits.
- Drop by heaping 1 tablespoon onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Let stand at room temperature until dry, about 2 hours.
Note: You can make seasonal versions of these for Christmas or Halloween by replacing the Lumpy Bits with appropriate candy or sprinkles.