Linda loves a good Chai Latté but finds the commercial syrups often contain additives that don’t sit well with her. Here is a recipe suggested by a like minded customer. No side effects, just pure satisfaction.
- 1 teaspoon whole cardamon pods
- 2 teaspoons mixed peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons whole fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- ½ Tablespoon whole star anise
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup loose black tea or rooibos
- Place all the ingredients except the tea on a cookie sheet with sides and bake at 350oF for 5 minutes or until fragrant
- Let cool and grind in a coffee grinder
- Mix with tea.
- Store in an air-tight container
- Use approximately 1 teaspoon of mix for every cup of tea desired.
- Place mix in a tea infuser and add water.
- Let steep for 3 – 5 minutes.