- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup marzipan, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
10 inch springform, tube pan or patterned ring mold, buttered and floured.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Chop the butter and marzipan to make them easier to break down and put them in a food processor, fitted with the metal blade.
- Add the sugar and process until combined and smooth.
- Add almond and vanilla extracts and process again.
- Add eggs, one time and processing again each time.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and processing yet again.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes but check after 40.
- When the cake looks golden and cooked and a cake tester comes out clean, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the pan before turning out.
- Serve topped with fruit or lemon curd.