If you haven't guessed already, we love cakes at Scoop n' Weigh! We also love nuts and this recipe is the best of both those things!
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup butter, room temperature
1½ cups walnut pieces
¾ cup all purpose unbleached flour
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon salt
⅔ cup caster sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time to the butter mixture.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and mix briefly.
- Add the walnuts and fold in gently.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
1 orange, zest and juice
⅔ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons Brandy or Cointreau
- While the cake bakes, put the orange juice in a measuring cup and add enough water to make a total of ⅔ cup.
- Pour the juice into a saucepan, add granulated sugar and orange zest and heat over medium until the sugar dissolves.
- Boil the mixture for about 5 - 7 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove the sauce from heat and stir in the liqueur.
- When the cake is out of the oven and prick the top surface and, using a strainer to catch the orange zest, pour the syrup over the top of the cake.
- Allow it to soak in and cool in the pan for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with small strips of orange peel for garnish.