We love this tasty recipe because you can make seasonal versions for Christmas, Easter or Halloween, by replacing the Lumpy Bits with appropriate candy or sprinkles.
1 cup of sugar
cup of milk
1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
pinch of salt
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- You can not vary these ingredients.
2 cups large flake oats
1⁄2 cup wheat bran
1⁄2 cup hemp hearts
- Replace large flake oats with any other variety of flakes or mixture.
- Replace wheat bran and/or with oat bran, ground flax or ground nuts.
2 cups total nuts, seeds and/or fruit
Such as: unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, sunflower seeds, pepitas, raisins, dried cranberries, dates, chopped apricots, dried blueberries, and almonds.
- In a large saucepan, bring Sticky Bits, except vanilla to a boil over medium heat, whisking until smooth.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- Stir in Floury Bits and Lumpy Bits.
- Drop by heaping 1 tablespoon onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. - Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Let stand at room temperature until dry, about 2 hours.