2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
1⁄2 cup small semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butter
⅔ cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on high speed for 30 seconds.
- In a ramekin, mix espresso powder with the vanilla extract, to dissolve it
- Add icing sugar, espresso powder/vanilla and cinnamon and beat until combined.
- Beat in the flour; the dough will become quite stiff. If required, gently knead on the counter to blend the ingredients evenly.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and arrange them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until the edges have set and the bottoms are golden.
- Remove the cookie sheet to a cooling rack and let the cookies cool.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of icing sugar and cocoa powder together. Sift through sieve to remove the lumps.
- Dust the cookies.
To store these cookies, place them in layers in an air tight container with wax or parchment paper between layers. They will keep at room temperature for up to 3 days and freeze well.