These crinkle cookies are more like chocolate brownies than traditional cookies - rich and moist. Making them may cause frightful episodes of anti-sharing.
1 cup all purpose unbleached flour
½ cup cocoa powder, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons espresso powder (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup bittersweet chocolate
4 tablespoons butter
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 325℉.
- Whisk in flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk brown sugar, eggs, espresso powder and vanilla.
- Combine chocolate and butter and melt together in a microwave.
- Whisk chocolate mixture into brown sugar mixture.
- Fold in flour mixture until well blended.
- Put dough in fridge for 10 minuted to harden.
- Place granulated sugar and sifted icing sugar in separate bowls.
- Roll about 2 teaspoons of dough into a ball.
- Then roll in granulated sugar, then icing sugar.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake about 12-15 minutes until the cookies are puffed and cracked and edges have begun to set.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes then move to a cooling rack.
Sifting the cocoa and icing sugar is important.