1½ cups granulated sugar
½ cup Dutch cocoa powder
1 cup chopped walnuts
1cup chocolate chips
1 cup butter
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350o F.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch square cake pan or line with parchment paper.
- Measure the flour, sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl and stir together until just mixed.
- In a mixer, cream the butter until soft and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg/butter mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips until just mixed.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remember when testing for doneness that this brownie will be very moist and fudgy inside.
- Cool very thoroughly on a rack before cutting and serving.
- Add Callebaut chocolate chips and pecans for a decadent improvement.
- Add a teaspoon of instant espresso powder to the batter or our cappuccino chocolate chips.
- Add diced ginger in the batter to give a ginger flavour.