This is the yummiest beet salad, complete with oregano, pecans and goat cheese!
8 to 10 medium beets (red, golden, or a combination)
3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbs aged balsamic vinegar
Sea salt or kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
¼ cup chopped lightly toasted pecans
- Trim off any leaves and all but ¼ inch of the stems.
- Wash the beets
- In a large saucepan or stockpot fit with a steamer basket, steam the beets until a paring knife enters them easily, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle but still warm.
- Peel the beets; the skin will peel right off.
- Trim and discard the tops and tails and cut the beets into thick wedges.
- Transfer the beets to a large serving bowl and drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar.
- Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese, oregano and pecans over the beets and serve.