Love ginger and chocolate? Well they're getting married in this delicious recipe and you're invited to try it! We guarantee you won't be disappointed!
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup blackstrap molasses
1½ teaspoons boiling water
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup finely diced ginger
1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chunks
¼ cup granulated sugar
1½ cups all purpose unbleached flour
1¼ teaspoons ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
½ cup unsalted butter
1 tablespoon fresh ginger or Ginger Juice
- Preheat oven to 325℉.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, spices and cocoa powder together.
- Beat the butter in your mixer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the grated ginger and beat briefly.
- Add brown sugar and beat until combined.
- Add molasses and beat until combined.
- Combine baking soda and boiling water in a measuring cup.
- Beat half the flour mixture and half the water into the butter mixture. Add the remaining mixtures and beat until combined.
- Gently add the diced ginger and chocolate chunks.
- Use a spoon to make balls of dough about 1½" in size.
- Roll the balls in granulated sugar and drop them on the cookie sheets.
- Flatten the balls with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the cookies start to crack on top.
- Cool completely.